- Love at first sight can not lead to long-lasting relationships? 31966
- Antibiotics VS Bacteria 17309
- 6 Deadly Virus That Threatens Human Survival 15294
- Impact of Unemployment On The National Development /Community Economy 10119
- Narcotics Addiction Causes Severe Depression 9907
- Ethanol fermentation by Saccharomyces cerevisiae: The Crabtree Effect 9001
- Apple Versus Google, Competition Without End 7634
- 7 Chat Topics for Happy Couple 5869
|Slab of the Earth in Japan Shifted 40 Meters|
|Article Category - --Science|
|Saturday, 12 March 2011 14:54|
Last count on the earthquake that happened in Japan yesterday, is a slab of the Earth is cracked, not as large as expected.
Then, why the quake was very strong? It happens when two tectonic plates shifted along the 40 meters. This calculation is obtained Chen Ji from the University of California, Santa Cruz.
Then, why the quake was very strong? It happens when two tectonic plates shifted along the 40 meters. This calculation is obtained Chen Ji of the University of California, Santa Cruz.
It seems this is one slab of Earth's movement in the world and have a huge impact in the future earthquake in the region, as pressure during an earthquake can be referred to the nearest crack.
image source : New Scientist
Quote this article on your site
To create link towards this article on your website,
copy and paste the text below in your page.
Powered by QuoteThis © 2008